and this one from Classroom DIY
but I still couldn't really figure out how to do it...so I winged it (wung it?), but I included a detailed pictorial just in case you want to try it out for your self. Here we go...
I started with 6 red folders from Staples, and I decided that I wanted them all to have the same middle tab.
...and then I lined them up, and of course I eyeballed it because I didn't feel like searching the house for a ruler.
Then I added the duct tape. I lined it up along the top edge of the back of the folder (the folder is open in the following pics. I then attached the back of one folder to the front of the next, starting from the bottom and working upward.
Finally, in order to add zebra stripe to the top of the files, I topped one side of an extra file folder with the duct tape, and fastened it to the back of the entire file system. I also taped them all together on the back for extra support.
And here's the final product...
BUT...that's not all! From here, I decided to go ahead and hang it in my classroom...and since I wasn't exactly sure how to do that, I decided on MORE DUCT TAPE! So yes, I duct taped it onto my wall and filled it with student resource pages.
And finally, here is another photo with the files in the context of my classroom