I just can't believe it's August already...but I suppose that's the way it feels every 1st of the month...time just flies, sheesh! Anyway, I'm looking forward to all that August has to offer, and here's a little of where I am...currently.
1. I'm listening to Jeremy Riddle on the Hillsong Live Spotify station. I love Spotify because for just $7.99 a month I can listen to anything and everything whenever I want. I can even download playlists to listen to offline. This is also great because I play music in my classroom ALL. THE. TIME. I have a variety of timed playlists that I use for various activities...a 15 minute partner activity playlist, a 40 minute classical timed-writing playlist, a 20 minute creative writing playlist...I love it. I also love JEREMY RIDDLE. He's an amazing worship leader and singer. If you like praise and worship music, check him out! In fact, here's one of my faves:
2. My parents and brother live in Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. My brother has been hanging out with us all summer, but now my mom is here too! Muy bien! Estoy Feliz! and lots of other great Spanish feelings. Here's a little map in case you're not quite sure where the Dominican is...
3. Unlike most other states, the Great Lakes State passed a law a few years back that schools cannot begin until after Labor Day...so while all of you fantastic teachers are getting your classrooms organized for August 12...I'm just sitting around chillin with my kiddos...aren't they cute??
4./5. So Chris Hottie is having his college roommates over to celebrate Coast Guard Festival this Saturday, and when everything is said and done, that is 20 people in our house for burgers, dogs and fireworks. Excited to have them but I A.) Need to buy new cushions for my patio furniture, which are stinking expensive!!! and B.) Need to do some major cleaning - I'm talking nooks, crannies, and baseboards. HELP!!
Back to School:
1. I like to keep those mini Bath and Body Works lotions all over the place - one in my desk, one in my school bag, one in my purse - and right now I'm running low because my cheer girls (and my daughter) know exactly where they are and use them regularly.
2. I'm an English teacher. I like red pens. I just placed a new order. Can't wait!!
3. I try to send 2 notes a week in the mail to students. Sometimes it's a student that did something awesome at school, sometimes it's a student that I know is struggling, and sometimes it's just random. The thing is, students LOVE getting stuff in the mail, and I always love to be on the other end just brightening their day...needless to say, I'm out of notecards and need to stock up.
P.S. And thanks to Farley for the hook-up :)