Monday, September 2, 2013

September!!

September!!


1. Well, Chris Hottie is catching up on the baseball scores as I write this.  We are die-hard Detroit Tiger's fans...actually, we are die-hard baseball fans.  Chris Hottie's brother is a pro baseball player and used to play for the Tigers, he's kind of famous, which my students really appreciate!

2. It's about 65 degrees here! I lit a caramel spice candle, put on a sweatshirt, and am cozying up with a glass of red wine and an iPad full of sweater-and-boot-outfits on Pinterest.

3. First official day of school tomorrow, not only for me but for Baby Girl and Little Buddy too! Freshman year and 4th grade respectively.  Bags are packed, outfits are planned (check in tomorrow for my closet pic - 15 outfits planned out for the next 3 weeks!), and lunches are made.  I think we're ready!!

4. So, Castle might technically be a high-intensity crime drama, but it's my favorite show ever, and it completely relaxes me. Once I'm done here I'm hoping to kick Chris-Hottie off of ESPN and watch a few recorded episodes of Castle.

5. See numbers 3-4.  School tomorrow!!!!

<3 Working on remembering that I am not my own, I am a child of the King, and he is at work in me and through me.   This is so much easier than thinking that I have to do everything on my own...can I get an AMEN! :)

Hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend!!


6 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh...fall weather. I would love for fall weather to settle in to Missouri. :) It's a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so ready for fall weather! Have a wonderful first day back! I need to try planning outfits I guess, but I have never made myself do it. I'll have to snoop around your blog and see if you have any tips or advice! Love, love, love the scripture you shared....oh so true!

    Blessings, Vicky
    Keep Calm and Imagine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Vicky! Hope you snoop around more, look forward to checking out your blog as well!

      Delete
  3. I love how you call your hubs Chris Hottie...so adorable, and it was all because of your students right? I can't wait for fall weather, either! I went to a fall fest today thinking it would be a little on the cooler side down here in Chicago, but it was still so hot! Can't wait for sweatshirts and colors in the trees!

    Have a great first week back!
    Michelle

    PS - my other blog: Good, Good Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I have to tell you-ex cheer coach to cheer coach- we had our first football game yesterday and I missed coaching! I was screaming so loud from the stands and leading cheers from the stands...lol. But I'm loving not stressing about routines and drama!!!! Have a good season!

    Stephanie
    Tales of Teaching in Heels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I feel ya. Our season doesn't start til November (we don't have football, so we only have a competitive squad) but I'm already stressing about the routines...sometimes it feels like a full time job in itself!

      Delete