Friday, August 30, 2013

Classroom Tour

I know that you all have been in school for months now...ok, maybe not months, but it probably feels like it to some of you.  Me? I finally had orientation day yesterday, and I'm ready for the official start next week Tuesday...which means that my room is finally ready!

Here are some pics, so you can tour around...

Here is the view from the door: 


Along the side wall (you can see the corner of the doorway in the right hand photo) I have my Shakespeare corner and another bulletin board with the 4 types of writing.  Each poster has a real-life example of that style of writing on it (poetry examples on the descriptive writing poster, a magazine article on the expository writing poster, etc.)



This is the back of my classroom.  I use the silver wire baskets for homework turn-in (there is one for each class, the manila folders in the middle are absent folders for students to check if they are gone from class - I put copies of classwork in the files, and there is one for each hour, the stacked files hold lined paper, plain paper and pink slips (click here for more info about pink slips), and I also have a hole punch, stapler, and jar of "ugly pens" - pens I find on the floor that I collect in case a student needs one.  I NEVER supply new pens or pencils to my students...NEVER.


My back-of-the-class bookshelf: Fiction is on the right and non-fiction and resource on the left...should probably work on building my non-fiction library.  The two signs on top read "Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body (found it on Pinterest), and "No Whining."

 

This is my desk...not much to tell
 Another shot of my desk and the view outside...I'm blessed to have 2 floor-to-ceiling windows in my room!

The far side of my room - two group-work tables and a door that leads into the computer lab.



Well, that's pretty much it.  I really love my room; it's bright, it's big, and to me, it's really homey, I mean, it should be, right? We spend more time in our rooms than we do at home!  Anyway, I've loved seeing all of your rooms, and I'm so glad to share mine.  Looking forward to a great year!




4 comments:

  1. Jealous of your huge room and big windows! I would DIE for a room like that.

    Jessica
    English With Mrs. L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um Hi biggest room ever!!! I can barely fit my 26 kids in my room and keep it safe for walking around!! SOOOOOOOOO jealous!

    Stephanie
    Tales of Teaching in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the tour! Would you please join our "Show Us Your Classroom" link up on Tuesday?

    thecurlyclassroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete